Saturday 30 October 2010

The Ride To Santiago

The weather was foul the day I left for Santiago.
I left a little late as I need tobacco and they weren't open due to a fiesta.
I rode over the heights of Galicia and eventually the rain stopped enough to enjoy the ride.
I arrived in Santiago and as quaint as it is with it's narrow cobbled streets I was not impressed with the touristic side of it.
However the evening it livened up but I felt out of place with my moped and tramplike appearance.
Definitely a place that you need cash for.
I again had problems stating the bike and decided to have a couple of beers at a bar.
The two guys running it had a combined age of 130 years and I somehow felt at home.
I mounted up and headed back to the coastand found a pleasant enough location at.....
I slept again under the cover of a building roof extension right near to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment