Sunday 17 October 2010

Deflated on Friday



Needing a van to transport the bike to Plymouth for the Sunday sailing was frustrating. Not one van in the whole area for hire. I decided to run the bike to get tested in the meantime and got a deflate within 200 yards from home. That I thought would not be a problem as there is a tyre fitters half a mile away, but they didn't stock tubes.
I raced to another shop to get the tube but was too late to have it fitted, so Saturday morniung I had it fitted and set off for the MOT.
It passed with flying colours and was the centre of attention of the 'big biker' fraternity. I rushed home to renew my insurance on line and hit the next snag. On line choices of bike and model didn't include mine so have to wait till Monday morning to renew by phone.
I still have to go to Liverpool for a suit measurement for my sons wedding before I set off so am hoping to get a van Monday morning race to Liverpool and then on to Plymouth, deposit the bike down there and call back on Thursday for the sailing
At last htis looks like it is eventually getting under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment